Primary Election - August 4, 2020
Unofficial Election Results
Maricopa and Yavapai County will begin reporting the unofficial election results at around 8:00 pm on election night, August 4, 2020. They will remain listed as unofficial results until the counties have canvassed their votes, which can take up to 20 days. Once the counties have canvassed their votes the Town Council will meet to canvass the votes for the town offices. This might be on August 24th at 5:30 pm or earlier, depending on when the counties canvass their votes. Below are links to the County websites to check the election results that will be updated often on election night and then usually daily until they complete the counts.
- All registered voters are eligible to vote in the Primary Election. If you are registered with a specific party, you will receive that party’s ballot. If you are an independent voter, you will have to chose which party you wish to receive.
- Town of Wickenburg residents will be able to vote for Mayor and three Town Council seats. There are two people running for Mayor, Rui Pereira and Patty Sickles. There are seven people running for the three Town Council seats, Bobbie “BG” Bratcher, Rebecca “Becky” Hays Rovey, Kristi Henson,
Edwin “Ed” Messer, Margaret Nyberg, Nash Oliver and Nohl Rosen. Ed Messer has withdrawn from the race, but will still appear on the ballot.
- To be eligible to vote, you must register/update your voter information by Monday, July 6, 2020. Please visit www.servicearizona.com.
- Ballots will be mailed to those voters requesting automatic Ballot-by-Mail on Wednesday, July 8, 2020. Be sure to sign your affidavit envelope in your original handwriting.
- Instead of mailing your voted ballot-by-mail, please consider dropping off your ballot at the Town Hall (July 13-31) or the Community Center during early voting (July 27-31) for Maricopa County residents. This saves the county 60¢ per ballot in tax dollars. DO NOT mail your ballot back after Wednesday, July 29, 2020 as it might not have time to reach the county in time. You can drop off your ballot at your polling place on election day.
- Election materials cannot be forwarded – If you have changes to your residential or mailing address (i.e. no longer have a post office box, rural route, or receive your mail at a location other than your residence) please visit www.servicearizona.com to update your voter registration by Monday, July 6, 2020.
- The last day to request an Early Ballot be mailed to you is Friday, July 24, 2020. Please visit your county’s website or call to request a one-time early ballot.
- Maricopa County voters may vote early in-person or vote a replacement ballot from Monday, July 27, 2020 until Friday, July 31, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Community Center located at 160 N. Valentine Street. Proper identification is now required. Early voting will also be available at the City of Surprise City Hall from July 8 to August 3, if you need to vote earlier.
- Yavapai County voters may vote early in-person or vote a replacement ballot beginning July 8, 2020 at the Yavapai County Recorder’s Office located at 1015 Fair St. Rm 228, Prescott or 10 S. 6th St., Cottonwood Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. through Friday, July 31, 2020. Proper identification is now required.
- Voters needing special accommodations, call 602-506-1511 for Maricopa County or 928-771-3248 for Yavapai County.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 is election day with polls open from 6:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Maricopa County voters will vote at the Community Center at 160 N. Valentine Street. Yavapai County voters will vote at Grace Bible Chapel in Congress at 25605 Ghost Town Road.
|Last day to Register to Vote||Monday, July 6, 2020|
|Early voting begins – See County for locations||Wednesday, July 8, 2020|
|Ballots will be mailed to all on Permanent Early Voter List||Wednesday, July 8, 2020|
|Last day to request and be mailed a ballot||Friday, July 24, 2020|
|Early voting at the Community Center for Maricopa County residents||July 27 - 31|
|Last day to mail back your ballot
||Wednesday, July 29, 2020|
||Tuesday, August 4, 2020|